Zuckerman Investment Group is a growing independent registered investment advisory firm owned by the Zuckerman family. The firm manages over $1 billion for multi-generational families. We are located in downtown Chicago and we provide individuals and families with a complete offering of financial counseling and investment management services.
We are a results-driven firm with high achieving, motivated employees who value opportunities to take on complex problems, interesting projects, and share innovative ideas. We believe in cultivating relationships both internally and externally, and we are looking for someone to join our team who is committed to developing strong connections in a truly collaborative environment.
Zuckerman Investment Group is looking for an Associate to join our team. This position is a unique opportunity to participate in the expansion of an established firm and will offer great growth potential. You will gain exposure to all aspects of a wealth management firm by providing support to the relationship management, investment, portfolio management, compliance and sales teams. This position has the potential to develop into one of several different career paths, including client service, client operations, investment operations, and business development.
This position will be hybrid. The firm is currently on a hybrid remote workforce due to precautions related to COVID-19.
- Develop an understanding of the interplay between relationship management, investments & sales
- Support client advisors in the execution of core client processes
- Complete day-to-day client requests, including money movements, new account setup, preparing for client meetings and other projects as needed
- Learn the inner workings of our key technological systems
- Maintain essential relationship management, sales and investment data in our client relationship management system (CRM)
- Coordinate with custodians on items such as client money movements, account openings, post-trade processing, voluntary corporate actions, and tax mailings
- Participate in the reconciliation, allocations & settlements processes
- Assist in various projects to support the investment and portfolio management teams
- Bachelor’s Degree – Graduating between Dec 2022-May 2024
- Preferred Majors: Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Development, Marketing
- Minimum GPA: 3.6
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented and able to multi-task with time-sensitive items
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interest in taking one of the CFP, CPA or CFA exams
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.