Zuckerman Investment Group is a growing independent registered investment advisory firm owned by the Zuckerman family. The firm manages over $1 billion for multi-generational families. We are located in downtown Chicago, and we provide individuals and families with a complete offering of financial counseling and investment management services.
We are a results-driven firm with high achieving, motivated employees who value opportunities to take on complex problems, interesting projects, and share innovative ideas. We believe in cultivating relationships both internally and externally, and we are looking for someone to join our team who is committed to developing strong connections in a truly collaborative environment.
Zuckerman Investment Group is looking for a Trading, Research & Service Associate to join our team. This position is a unique opportunity to participate in the expansion of an established wealth management firm and offers great growth potential. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge as you execute across several aspects of the investment and wealth management business with increasing opportunities for strategic contributions over time. This position has the potential to develop along one of several different career paths, including investment research, portfolio management, client service and business development.
This position will be hybrid. The firm is currently on a hybrid remote workforce due to precautions related to COVID-19.
- Bachelor’s Degree, major in finance, economics and/or mathematics
- Unbreachable ethical standards and personal integrity
- Appropriate balance between confidence and humility
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to multi-task with time-sensitive items
- Established history of going “above and beyond” with your work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and an unrelenting desire to learn and understand “how things work”
- Proven ability to grasp and comprehend highly complex, widely varied problems and concepts and then communicate them in a simple, straightforward manner
- Growth and process mindset
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in the financial advisory and/or asset management business
- Interest in pursuing the CFP or CFA professional designation
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.