Zuckerman Investment Group is a growing, independent registered investment advisory firm
. From our headquarters in downtown Chicago, we provide a comprehensive offering of asset management, wealth management and estate counseling services to more than 160 multi-generational family groups and manage over $1 billion of assets on their behalf.
We are a results-driven firm with high-achieving, motivated employees who value opportunities to take on complex problems and interesting projects and share innovative ideas. We believe in cultivating relationships, both internally and externally, and are looking for someone to join our team who is committed to developing strong connections in a truly collaborative environment.
Zuckerman Investment Group is looking for a Trading Associate to join our team. This position is a unique opportunity to participate in the expansion of an established wealth management firm and offers great growth potential. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge as you execute across several aspects of the investment and wealth management business with the opportunity to take ownership of, and further develop, this important function within the firm and make increasingly strategic contributions over time. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois with a hybrid home/office work arrangement.
This position will be hybrid. The firm is currently on a hybrid remote workforce due to precautions related to COVID-19.
- Execute, with the guidance of the portfolio manager, all aspects of the equity and fixed income trading process, including security setup, order creation, dealer communication, negotiation, allocations and trade reconciliation
- Support the portfolio management process and decision making, including data collection, reporting, analysis, individual account management, position sizing and ad hoc special projects
- Work to continually improve the firm’s reporting, portfolio management, trading, allocation and reconciliation capabilities and processes
- Build productive working relationships, both internally with senior leadership, portfolio managers and advisors and externally with brokers, dealers and custodians
- Ensure data integrity throughout the portfolio management and trading processes and complete compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Unbreachable ethical standards and personal integrity
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to multi-task with time-sensitive items
- Comfortable working within, and continually improving, technology-driven and -enabled systems and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Professional experience trading equity and fixed income securities preferred, but not required
- Experience with SS&C Advent’s APX and Moxy preferred, but not required
- Experience with Bloomberg and FactSet preferred, but not required
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.