Zuckerman Investment Group is a growing independent registered investment advisory firm owned by the Zuckerman family. The firm manages over $1 billion for multi-generational families. We are located in downtown Chicago, and we provide individuals and families with a complete offering of financial counseling and investment management services.
We are a results-driven firm with high achieving, motivated employees who value opportunities to take on complex problems, interesting projects, and share innovative ideas. We believe in cultivating relationships both internally and externally, and we are looking for someone to join our team who is committed to developing strong connections in a truly collaborative environment.
Zuckerman Investment Group is looking for a finance intern for Summer 2023, with the option to start earlier and continue into the school year. You will gain exposure to all aspects of a wealth management firm by providing support to the finance team. This position is an excellent first step for someone looking to learn what it is like to work at a wealth management firm in a finance position.
This position will be hybrid. The firm is currently on a hybrid remote workforce due to precautions related to COVID-19.
- Assist in maintaining the firm’s books and records and producing monthly financial statements
- Update, gather and distribute data related to the firm’s private funds
- Support the firm’s client billing process by performing quarterly reconciliation checks to assist in calculating, processing, and reconciling quarterly fees and client statements
- Support the firm’s accounts payable and receivable functions
- Execute various projects within the finance function to enhance processes and reporting needs
- Rising Sophomore, Junior, or Senior – graduating between Dec 2023 – May 2025
- Passion for numbers
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented and desire and ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Intuit QuickBooks preferred but not required
- GPA of 3.8 or above
- Desire to pursue Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.